England's Gordon Brown's Cabinet seen as Radical Leftist Coalition
Seventeen Ways to be a Good Liberal
I don't know who wrote this, but it looked good.
1. You have to be against capital punishment, but support abortion on demand.
2. You have to believe that businesses create oppression and governments create prosperity.
3. You have to believe that guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens are more of a threat than nuclear weapons technology in the hands of Iran or Chinese and North Korean communists.
4. You have to believe that there was no art before federal funding.
5. You have to believe that global temperatures are less affected by cyclical changes in the earth's climate and more affected by soccer moms driving SUV'S.
6. You have to believe that gender roles are artificial, but being homosexual is natural.
7. You have to believe that the AIDS virus is spread by a lack of federal funding.
8. You have to believe that the same teacher who can't teach 4th-graders how to read is somehow qualified to teach those same kids about sex.
9. You have to believe that hunters don't care about nature, but PETA activists do.
10. You have to believe that self-esteem is more important than actually doing something to earn it.
11. You have to believe the NRA is bad because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is good because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.
12. You have to believe that taxes are too low, but ATM fees are too high.
13. You have to believe that Margaret Sanger and Gloria Steinem are more important to American history than Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, or Abraham Lincoln.
14. You have to believe that standardized tests are racist, but racial quotas and set-asides are not.
15. You have to believe that the only reason socialism hasn't worked anywhere it's been tried is because the right people haven't been in charge.
16. You have to believe that homosexual parades displaying drag queens and transvestites should be constitutionally protected, and manger scenes at Christmas should be illegal.
17. You have to believe that this message is a part of a vast, right-wing conspiracy.
Assault On Religious Liberty
In a recent report, I told you about a case in New Jersey that could test the limits of religious liberty and political correctness. In the case, a Methodist camp had turned down the request of a lesbian couple to hold its same-sex “marriage” ceremony on the campgrounds. The couple filed a discrimination complaint with the state, which launched an investigation. Yesterday New Jersey officials decided to punish the group by revoking its tax-exempt status. This is a terrible blow to religious liberty, but it could get much worse. A bill currently being considered in Congress, called the Employment Non-Discrimination Act (ENDA), would grant special protections to homosexuals at the workplace. Soon, churches and religious institutions across the country could face revocation of their tax-exempt status and, for many places of worship, the prospect of having to shut down if they refuse to ignore biblical teaching on homosexuality. Between hate crime laws and the new ENDA legislation, homosexuality is slowly being elevated to “most-favored-lifestyle” status, while religious liberty is eroded.
The Mexican Flag in America
A student took down a Mexican flag from a flagpole outside Scholes Hall at the University of New Mexico, tore it and took it to the Air Force ROTC office, police said. A summons was issued for Peter Lynch, 30, by the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court for criminal damage to property, said Lt. Pat Davis, spokesman for UNM Police. UNMPD investigated the vandalism as a potential hate crime, but witnesses from the ROTC office told police it was not a racially motivated crime, Davis said.
"He was frustrated a foreign flag was flown without an American flag nearby," he said. "We're basically investigating it on witness statements." "This sort of incident hurts everyone," Cheo Torres said. "It's something that you don't expect to see at a place like the University of New Mexico where we celebrate diversity." Whether the vandalism was racially motivated or not, it was offensive, especially to the Hispanic community, Martinez-Purson said.
The University won't tolerate that kind of behavior, President David Schmidly said. "It's inexcusable to desecrate a flag," he said. "I'm not going to be very pleasant to deal with on this issue." What makes the situation worse is that it was a Mexican flag, Schmidly said. "For God's sake, New Mexico was part of Mexico at one time," he said. "There's tremendous ties, and we have a large population of Hispanics that live in our state and many of them have relatives and connections to Mexico."
*So, Liberals say we can burn the US flag, but you cannot get rid of the Mexican flag on US territory? Riiiiight.